Discussion "Intellectual property: counterfeiting of goods in the fight against Covid-19"
On April 23, 2020, an online public discussion “Intellectual property: counterfeiting of goods in the fight against Covid-19” was held with experts from the Customs Procedures Division of the Customs Department: Violeta Stripeikiene, Aušrine Stumbryte, and Aiste Žičkutė. The discussion was organized by the Lithuanian Customs Practitioners Association and moderated by Evelina Liaubaitė, Assistant Attorney at Law, APB "AAA Law".
- What is the situation seen by customs with regard to counterfeit goods intended to combat pandemics?
- How to identify counterfeits?
- What to do for a business if you suspect counterfeiting?
- What counterfeits were most commonly found before the pandemic?
- To whom and what sanctions are applied in case of detection of counterfeits (for example, in a customs warehouse, during transportation, during declaration, etc.)?
- Will the pandemic bring any changes in this area that will continue after the pandemic ends?
Participants also asked other relevant questions.